PayPal is an online payment method recognized worldwide as one of the most reliable solutions for making transactions. Here are all the methods for crediting your account, whether on the mobile application or via the PayPal website.
We’re not going to lie, even if competition is severe in the money management applications sector, PayPal remains one of the leaders of the genre. This hegemony is undoubtedly due to the simplicity of its transaction system, but also to the multitude of practical features it has, whether for creating prize pools, the speed of money transfers or simply for making purchases in line with just one click.
In some countries, the use of PayPal may be restricted. Therefore, users may not be able to add money to their accounts. Fortunately, this restriction does not apply to France. In fact, if you live in France, you can do a PayPal top-up in several different ways.
In this constellation of possibilities offered by PayPal, other functionalities and guarantees are added such as financial management, buyer protection, simplified transfer of money between bank accounts and even direct use in store via compatible terminals. You could almost believe that PayPal is a real bank in the true sense of the term.
Note, however, that PayPal is not an online bank, rather it is a platform acting as an intermediary between users and financial institutions to facilitate electronic transactions and that unlike a traditional bank, funds are not not stored directly by PayPal, but usually in reserve accounts belonging to partner banks.
In this tutorial, we will return to one of the fundamental uses of PayPal, namely how to add money to your bank account.
Add money to PayPal from a bank account
For this method, there are two steps. The first is to link your bank account to PayPal and the second is to make the transfer. Note that the method is the same on the PayPal mobile application or via the site www.paypal.com/fr
Link your bank account to your PayPal account
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to your account settings.
- Search the section Wallet Then Register a bank account.
- Select the bank of the bank account from the proposed list.
- Authenticate with your bank to link your account.
- Verify with PayPal, generally a first transfer of 1 euro will be required to prove that you have access to the bank account. Another verification will be requested by the bank.
- Your bank account is now linked to your PayPal account.
Transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account
- On PayPal, select the section WalletThen to transfer money.
- Select the option Add money to your PayPal balance.
- Select your bank account linked to PayPal.
- Choose the amount you want to transfer and confirm the transaction.
- If this is the first transaction from this bank account to your PayPal account, a notification will be sent to you by the bank to validate the transfer.
It’s important to note that transferring money from a bank account to a PayPal account can take some time and is usually not instantaneous. The time it takes for the funds to be available in the PayPal account depends on your bank setting the transfer date. PayPal does not credit your account in advance.
In addition, while there are no exchange fees between an individual’s bank account and their PayPal account, there may be some in certain cases, particularly regarding commercial transactions, currency conversion and international transfers. .
Add money to PayPal from a bank card
Do you refuse to link your bank account to your PayPal? The other way is to go directly through the card and PayPal allows this.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Select Wallet then choose the option Add a credit or debit card.
- Authenticate with your bank to accept the transaction.
- Your PayPal account is then automatically credited as if you had made a purchase.
Receiving money on PayPal from loved ones
You can also top up your PayPal account by receiving money from family or friends. This solution saves you from having to link an account or bank card beforehand. It is also free if the sender sends the amount from their bank account, a debit card or their PayPal account. The same applies if there is no need to perform a currency conversion.
Note, however, that this can only be done if the person making the transaction does so through their PayPal account. For this, simply provide your email address or telephone number linked to your account.