Whether for your personal or professional address, a signature always gives a mark of seriousness and valuable information to your interlocutors. This tutorial will show you how to add them to each of your messages.
Whether you use a personal or professional address, if there is one element that will guarantee your messages a personal stamp, it is the signature!
Overall, this signature is a tool that can be used to strengthen your professional presence, facilitate communication, promote your activities and comply with legal requirements, in business or from a personal point of view. It’s a small thing that can have a significant impact on how you are perceived and the effectiveness of your email communications.
There are many reasons to add a signature to your emails. We first think of professional identification allowing, in addition to your full name, to give your title and the name of the company or organization in which you work in order to make your communications more formal and credible. It’s also a good way to share your contact details like your phone number, your business address (we don’t recommend sharing your home address), and possibly your social media accounts.
Note also that in certain professions, it may be necessary to include legal notices or disclaimers in each communication and the signature is a valuable tool in this sense. In addition, for professionals wishing to highlight their brand image, a professional and carefully designed signature can play an important role in the coherence of the presentation of this image.
How to create a signature in Gmail?
- Log in to your Gmail account using a web browser.
- Click the settings button at the top right then click See all settings.
- In the tab Generalscroll down to the section Signature where you can create and personalize your signature.
- Once the signature has been created, you can choose to add it to your new emails and to replies and forwards. You can also check the box Insert this signature before the text cited in the answers if you want your signature to appear at the top of your emails, even above the replies.
- Then scroll down the page and click on the button Save Changes so that your signature is added to your emails.
- Open the Gmail app and log in to your account.
- Tap the menu shaped like three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to open the side menu. Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Select the account whose signature you want to configure.
- Scroll down until you get to the option Mobile Signature.
- Enter the signature you want for your emails. Note that this signature will be less detailed than on the browser version of Gmail, the tool not being as complete and simply allowing you to add lines of text.
- Once you’ve added your signature, tap the back arrow or confirm button to save the changes.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.